Night sweating, as the name implies, is excessive sweating at night. You have to determine if it is really night sweating or maybe just regular sweating due to very hot bedroom or too thick pyjamas or thick bed sheets and comforters.
Doctors and experts say that night sweat is characterized by being soaked in your bed sheet or bed clothes with too much sweat without any relation to the bedroom condition or environment.
What are the causes of night sweating? Here are some common and not-so-common causes of night sweat.
- Women who experience menopause usually experience night sweats. Even women who will reach menopausal stage will experience this kind of sweating at night.
- Sometimes, there are no medical reasons why people sweat and this is called idiopathic hyperhidrosis. This is a medical condition that causes night sweat.
- Infections such as tuberculosis and other bacterial infections like endocarditis, osteomyelitis, abscesses, or AIDS can also make the infected person have sweats at night.
- One kind of cancer called lymphoma usually exhibit symptoms like night sweating. This is included in the early symptoms of some types of cancers.
- Medications like antidepressant, aspirins, acetaminophen, niacin, hydralazine, sldenafil, nitro glycerine, and tamoxifen can also cause night sweats.
- People who are diabetic and are taking insulin or other drugs for diabetes can experience this. They also have low blood glucose level or hypoglycaemia which also causes night sweating.
- Some imbalance and disorders in hormones are also some of the factors.
- There are conditions associated with the neurons which can cause night sweats